Pathway to Opening
As a small, holistic relationship-based school, we are deeply committed to guiding your children in their continuing educational journey with your partnership and collaboration. Salmonberry is committed to maintaining its presence as a community of care, especially during these challenging times. Salmonberry strives to be the center to which we know we can each return, where we will be held with love, compassion and understanding. While we have your children in our care, we hold the responsibility for each child’s physical and emotional safety with great reverence and as our highest priority. During the current Covid-19 pandemic, our goal is to find the right balance between emphasizing in-person learning with the necessary safety afforded by social distancing.
PATHWAY TO OPENING
We are planning to open Salmonberry’s campus for the 2020-2021 school year. We acknowledge that this year will be like no other year in our history. To reopen successfully, we are making changes for the safety and wellness of our students, faculty, and staff. These changes will require sacrifice from every member of our community. When we open in the fall, spaces will look different, schedules will shift, and new rules will be in place. We know that our relationships, connections, and common goals will carry us through this challenging time.
This webpage is your guide to staying informed about our return to school in September. We will continue to update this information as we make decisions and refine our plan. Please understand that the information contained on this website is subject to change at any time, depending on the course of the virus and guidance from state and local officials.
SUMMER UPDATES WITH THE HEAD OF SCHOOL
Paul’s Office Hours: Tuesdays from 9:00 AM-10:00 AM
Monthly Parent Advisory Group Meetings: June 15, July 15, August 15 from 10:00 AM-11:00 AM
Paul’s ZOOM room link: PMI: 754-024-9652 Password: 151489
- July 25, 2020 — Late July Update
- July 12, 2020 — Salmonberry Mid-Summer Update
- May 28, 2020 — SB Summer Planning News
School Year 2019-2020
- April 20, 2020 — 2020-2021 Covid-19 Enrollment Updates
- April 10, 2020 — Time for a Break
- April 7, 2020 — Salmonberry Announcements
- April 3, 2020 — Salmonberry Updates & Announcements
- March 23, 2020 — Here We Go!
- March 13, 2020 — Salmonberry Campus Is Closed
- March 12, 2020 — Covid-19 Update
- March 2, 2020 — Covid-19 (Coronavirus) Update
SCHOOL DAY MODIFICATIONS
HEALTH & SAFETY
Should Salmonberry be required to move to a remote learning model due to a campus closure, we would like to share our online learning vision.
Salmonberry’s Online Learning Vision
- To maintain strong relationship-based teacher-learner mentorship with the children and their families.
- To design dynamic programs that best support families in providing home-based learning aligned with Salmonberry’s Mission and pedagogy.
- To challenge, guide and mentor students by offering meaningful project-based work and academically relevant curricular content.
- To connect and engage students with their peers as well as their instructors.
- To foster well-being of heart, mind, and body.